This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So I've paid RM £6.30 to lose a parcel...advice please!

(11 Posts)
JellyBellyWorkWear Sat 04-May-13 22:10:12

I sent a £20 item recorded on 24/3/13 but buyer has just opened a case saying it wasn't delivered, RM website still says it is being progressed through their network.
10 days in, presuming it doesn't turn up what are my chances of not ending up out of pocket?

nextphase Sun 05-May-13 08:46:37

Depending on the exact method you used, you may not be able to claim for another 5 days claims process
Start finding the proof of purchase etc, and prepare the paperwork to get your claim in ASAP, and apologies to your buyer - can you show them (scan and e-mail?) the proof of posting, and say you will chase RM to try and keep them happy?

Did you tell RM the value of the contents?

sarahtigh Sun 05-May-13 09:58:27

if it was recorded just send buyer the tracking number and upload same tracking number to both ebay and paypal,

if sent on 24th march you can send claim immediately which from 24th of march ( 15 working days is 12th april) so your buyer has been very patient as now at least 3 weeks past that you should refund immediately and claim from royal mail

if however you really meant 24th april ( which as you said 10 days later is more likely)15 working days is 14th may, I would ask her to wait another few days

if it was signed for and did not arrive you will get money back from Royal mail eventually about 6 weeks after claim submitted you need your post receipt and ebay proof of sale receipt for value if you have any other proof of value get that too, RM are generally good when signed for

JellyBellyWorkWear Sun 05-May-13 14:19:29

yep, I meant 4/4/12 and I gave the buyer the tracking number as soon as it was sent the day after payment. For once I kept the receipt etc. Just bloody annoying being out of pocket in the meantime! Well, at least it should come back. I've said to the buyer so far I'll contact RM after the BH.

sarahtigh Sun 05-May-13 15:15:47

just make sure you add the tracking number on ebay too

never throw away receipt until feedback left or 45 days, after 45 days a case can't be started whether arrived or not

lljkk Sun 05-May-13 15:20:37

They were saying on ebay fora the other day to save posting receipts for 13 months. shock ! I didn't follow the logic, either.

fergoose Sun 05-May-13 15:27:05

I wouldn't be surprised if it was delivered and RM just didn't bother to get a signature.

sarahtigh Sun 05-May-13 15:40:11

you would only need postal receipts for that long for tax purposes but even then you would almost certainly be paying for several parcels at once and would only need the total receipt not the individual certs of posting

the only time I would keep longer would be a really expensive item for hundreds of pounds as someone could then use small claims court

not everything on ebay forums is accurate or wise

sarahtigh Sun 05-May-13 15:40:51

if RM did not get signature they will have to pay up as without it they can't prove they delivered

childcarehell Fri 31-May-13 09:36:09

It gets better.

Royal said it couldn't be delivered and would be returned to sender.

Royal Mail have now provided a signature and say it's delivered....to Northholt delivery office.

Neither I nor the recipient are anyway near Northolt. The signature is wobbly nonsense and the name a random combination of letters.

childcarehell Fri 31-May-13 09:39:36

oops, name change there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now