This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What would you do?

(7 Posts)
patchesmcp Sat 27-Apr-13 15:17:31

Just after some advice.

I won a used waterproof mattress protector on eBay which was described as a cot bed one. It only cost just over £4 inc p & p. It arrived quickly and I noticed it had cost the seller £5.60 to send. Felt a bit bad as they lost money on the sale but figured these things happen.

Anyway I contacted the seller to ask how they washed it as the washing instructions had washed off the label. They responded really quickly so I proceeded to wash and dry it according to their instructions yesterday. Just tried to put it on the bed this morning and it would appear as though it is for a cot and not cot bed so doesn't fit sad

I don't know what to do now, if anything. I've already left positive feedback as the seller had been great. Do I contact the seller and see what they say, or just chalk it up to experience? I'm a bit annoyed to be honest as I was so careful to only bid on ones described as cot bed!

lljkk Sat 27-Apr-13 15:42:41

Gosh, that's a hard one. With fees they're already £2+ out of pocket.

How did they get into the higher postage weight, I wonder, should fold down small and not be too heavy.

I wonder if you could get £4 yourself flogging it on Ebay.

fergoose Sat 27-Apr-13 15:49:54

I would email them and see what they say - after all you would not have bought it had you known it was the wrong item.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 27-Apr-13 15:56:09

I would sell it on yourself or perhaps pass it on or exchange it for something else you need with someone you know? I would think it was an honest mistake due to them making absolutely zero profit on it, its hardly like they lied to get more money IYSWIM.

Frustrating for you.

Tryharder Sat 27-Apr-13 16:14:29

I would write it off as being one of life's small annoyances and not do anything else. It's £4 not £400. Sell it on or give to a friend or charity shop.

Blowitout Sat 27-Apr-13 16:57:00

I don't think that there is actually a standard size for cots and cot beds, is there? unless the seller specifically mentioned measurements then I don't think they are at fault here. ds's cot was larger than dd's cot bed! personally I would write this one off and make sure you ask for measurements next time.

patchesmcp Sun 28-Apr-13 09:04:15

Thanks everyone.

Blowit there is a standard size for a cot and a cot bed but I guess you do get anomalies.

Think I'll just leave it. I have never sold stuff on eBay and in any event someone would have to be prepared to pay almost £10 for it inc p & p for me to make my money back. It can go in the charity bag.

Thanks once again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now