This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Strange questions and requests on eBay

(7 Posts)
StaticSockMonster Wed 01-May-13 21:49:16

I've listed some "collection only" items on eBay this past weekend. (big collection only message so it can't be missed). I had a message yesterday asking if I would ship Australia?!
Erm...no

HormonalHousewife Fri 26-Apr-13 13:21:17

Dont let yourself fall for sob stories - some may be true but sadly some are not.

I sold a dolls house in lovely condition for £15 and it was over £100 when we bought it. When she arrived the buyer asked if we were willing to donate it to a sn playgroup she was involved with. Luckliy DH was the one at home that day or I would have been guilted into giving it away.

Business is business after all.

30ish Thu 25-Apr-13 20:59:58

I'm astonished at the number of messages I have received. Thank you for the feedback, I'm very naive.

cleas Thu 25-Apr-13 20:03:37

Oh and yes. Despite clearly saying collection only I was constantly asked for shipping quotes. Cyprus seemed a popular one.
No other strange requests though grin

fergoose Thu 25-Apr-13 20:02:57

and don't take paypal, cash only.

cleas Thu 25-Apr-13 20:02:14

Beware the pram dealers that trawl eBay for their stock. It seems they high bid on lots of prams and cherry pick the ones they want to complete afterwards.
I got caught like this. They didn't have any negative feedback as they don't sell anything via eBay and you can't give negative feedback to buyers. Extremely frustrating confused

30ish Thu 25-Apr-13 19:57:18

Im selling my first ever items on eBay and cannot believe some of the messages I have received this week! I'm selling two prams, collection only and have been asked if i would be willing to ship them to Malta (erm...... No) and if I would accept a token amount because the pram is needed by a poorly sick baby. I feel genuinely sorry for all sick children and babies and didn't know how to reply.
What strange questions or requests have you had on eBay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now