The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

purchase not received, no communication etc

(11 Posts)
alemci Sat 04-May-13 12:17:55

I received the item yesterday. It is meant to be a particular make but not even sure.

alemci Thu 02-May-13 16:28:46

yes, she hasn't communicated with me at any time even when I asked her a question before the auction on the same day. I just thought she hadn't seen it. I would understand if she told me the situation and let me know. This was 2 weeks' ago so I have got quite frustrated.

On her feedback one client said they had to wait for 3 weeks' for item which is unacceptable and how the seller doesn't communicate. you would think the seller would try to do a bit better after those comments.

baabi Thu 02-May-13 13:10:57

Hi, when you purchased the item did you check when you were likely to receive it (ebay gives that info) or is there any information from the seller regarding their posting dates. Not everybody can post straight away, for example, I can only post on two very specific days of the week, it makes no difference wether the buyer pays straight away or not, but I do make that very clear on my listings and I always reply to any questions. It is very bad form of the seller to not get in touch to explain though.

alemci Thu 02-May-13 12:28:59

i still haven't received the item. I emailed seller again to ask what was happening. Absolutely zilch reply. I am really fed up. It is now a fortnight. I don't think she should be allowed to be a seller.

I would have liked a live chat with ebay. The resolution centre says I cannot open a dispute until May 6th which seems a long time.

fergoose Fri 26-Apr-13 14:27:46

you can open a case with paypal now and escalate straight away?

alemci Fri 26-Apr-13 14:04:10

a bit hit and miss. someone waited 3 weeks' for an item which is not good. This item is Boden but someone had written on there that they were not sure if it was on another item. we shall see.

I should have read feedback first but don't always do this.

PigletJohn Fri 26-Apr-13 12:03:58

communicating with seller via the "item not arrived" click box is I think useful because there is evidence you were asking the seller, and got no reply.

Is their feedback mostly good?

alemci Fri 26-Apr-13 11:46:46

I cannot open a case until the 6th May which seems very late. I wouldn't mind if the seller bothered to let me know if there was a problem. On her feedback someone said it took 3 weeks.

i have emailed ebay to let them know anyway. I find it hard to understand why there is no communication.

SodaStreamy Thu 25-Apr-13 14:51:36

this happened to me and fergoose helped and advised to open a case which I did.

If you click on the item not arrived as noted above it tells you on what day you should open a case.

Hope you get it resolved, I'm getting my money back but would rather have had the dvd sad

THERhubarb Thu 25-Apr-13 11:22:10

There are guidelines about this on ebay. If you click on 'contact seller' and tick the box marked something like 'item not arrived' then it should open up a case for you.

Go back to ebay and have a look at their help section. All the answers are there.

alemci Thu 25-Apr-13 11:19:23

Hi,

I bought at item a week ago. Paid the same day I think. The seller hasn't marked the item as dispatched and I have emailed her/him and there has been no reply. How long do I have to wait before opening a case.

I feel quite annoyed as I sell items myself and always get them out quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now