This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

would you expect refund/replacement or nothing at all?

(8 Posts)
ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 11:12:46

I'm not sure about this one...

I ordered an acrylic cake board that cost about £12.
It arrived badly chipped in a couple of places but I didn't have time to send it back for a replacement in time for the party. So I sent the seller photos of the damage but acknowledged that I'd had to remove the protective film and use the damaged board.

Would you expect a (partial) refund or a replacement, or would you think that my decision to use the damaged board means that i'm entitled to nothing?

fergoose Mon 22-Apr-13 11:14:18

I think they should refund in full and claim for the damaged item from royal mail themselves.

ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 11:24:34

thanks.
they are refusing to refund so I've opened a claim through ebay.
I'd have settled for a partial refund tbh, but they are saying that I've breached their returns policy by removing the flim and so am not eligible for a refund/replacement.
Poor customer service IMO. Shame because it is a beautiful board and I'd prob have ordered in other sizes.

fergoose Mon 22-Apr-13 12:33:25

make sure you leave appropriate feedback too.

lljkk Mon 22-Apr-13 17:50:39

I'm with seller.
Asking for full refund is pants when you went ahead & used it anyway. If it wasn't fit for purpose you shouldn't have used it at all.
I would have refunded you in full to protect f/back but put you on my blocked list immediately.

If it was broken and you took pictures before you used it then I as a seller would have offered you a partial refund. She cannot take it back if you have used it but could claim for damaged in post from

Royal Mail ...computer froze sad

ThePendant Mon 22-Apr-13 23:02:06

Thanks.
Interesting to get mixed views as I really wasn't sure.
I reckon a partial refund is fair as I've ended up with a useable but damaged item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now