The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

what happens now?

(8 Posts)

i shouldnt have done... i know that now. should have contacted them before i did anything to see whats what and then reported them for what they tried to do

fergoose Mon 22-Apr-13 12:31:58

make sure you leave a neg - I would never have accepted the cancellation tbh

apologies for not updating! i accepted the case and closed it (dh wants an easy life!) grin but i shouldnt have...

we guessed that she cancelled the item with 6 days more to go but did it wrong which made it look like i had won. fair enough. sent her a message to ask her why as it still shows i need to leave feedback and i wanted to know cause im nosey, and she says she didnt mean to cancel it but glad she did as she can only list 10 items a month (i have no idea why) but if i still wanted them i could buy them out of ebay but the postage would be £14.50 not £2.99 like it said shock

so i told her no chance and that it was against ebays rules and i havent had a reply since

some people really do take the piss. am so tempted to report her but will wait to see what dh says later

fergoose Sat 20-Apr-13 16:31:02

do you mean she has sent you a cancellation request - if so refuse it

And forward her email to ebay - report her as a non performing seller and leave appropriate feedback and stars

SavoyCabbage Fri 19-Apr-13 23:43:04

She isn't allowed to change her mind. She should have listed them for more if she wanted more. It's happened to most people who sell things on eBay and you just have to go with it.

WeAreEternal Fri 19-Apr-13 23:40:43

What kind of case has she opened?

Unless you agree to cancel the sale she has to sell to you or face the wrath of eBay.

IIWY I would pay for the item straight away.
Then if she refunds or refuses to send the item you can file a dispute against her.

When you sell on eBay you agree to their rules, if an item sells for less than you wanted you shouldn't have listed it with a low start price, it's your own fault and one the winning bidder had paid you have to forfill your part of the deal and send the item.

ffs angry

this is getting complicated. i havent responded but she's opened a case against me because she wants to sell it for more than 99p

however, dh and i have just figured out there was still 5-6 days left to bid on the item (im certain it was under my sonic screwdriver bid), i was the only bidder, so i dont know what the flip she is trying to do!

people could have bid in that time... in fact im sure they would have as ive been bidding on others confused

grr i dont know what to do

i am so not having much luck angry

just got notification of winning an item i bid on, which was series 1-8 of some dvds for 99p (without postage).

have just recieved a message from the seller saying they have made a mistake and dont want to sell them for just 99p

i havent paid... and its late so i wont reply till morning... but what the hell do i do now? are they even allowed to do this? im pretty pissed off. its not my fault no one else bid on the item.

help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now