This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Confused by sale cancellation

(3 Posts)
Pumble Fri 19-Apr-13 22:00:33

Thank you! It did all seem a bit odd. That definitely helps. They said that they would refund me but haven't even done that so all a bit strange.

fergoose Fri 19-Apr-13 21:00:08

they cannot ask for extra postage, that is against the rules - if they underestimated the postage costs that is their problem

If you want to refuse the cancellation you can, and they then will not be refunded their final fees for selling it. If you don't refuse it, it will automatically close and they will get their fees back

You can also leave neg feedback and low stars advising seller refused to sell the item to you and demanded more money

Pumble Fri 19-Apr-13 19:59:30

I won a maclaren doll's pushchair earlier this week and paid promptly. The seller has since said that postage will be £20 instead of the £5 they quoted and so they are cancelling the sale and will refund me. Can they do that without asking if I want to pay the increased postage charge? I'm new to eBay and struggling to wade through all the terms and conditions to find the answer.

Any help v gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now