The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

return postage

(4 Posts)
7ate9 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:38:11

I bought baby clothing but it's arrived much worse than described, stains and worn thin when described as excellent. I opened a case but it says I need to cover return postage. Pretty annoyed at this as I'm out of pocket for someone taking the Mick. Is this the norm. I'm more than happy to sent it back but think I shouldn't pay if not as described, not returning just because I don't like it.

amazingmumof6 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:50:27

actually you don't have to send it back for the exact reasons above, you can state that it's condition is way worse than expected/item is damaged and ask for a full refund!

good luck

fergoose Fri 19-Apr-13 17:53:22

yes it is the norm - a good seller will pay return costs, but you can't force them to. And if ebay have told you to return for a refund that is all you can do - try My Hermes or Collect+ - they are often cheaper than Royal Mail now.

7ate9 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:24:43

Well I asked about return postage and got told I should basically be grateful she'd accept the return at all, so neg feedback is all I have.

I'm pissed off tbh, to pay for the pleasure of been sent stained and manky clothes. She argues she said they were secondhand and went to great detail to describe the clothes- which she did but not honestly.

e.g. from my response, in brackets is her description.
(6. White and lime green embroidered cotton broderie summer dress, 3-6 months, M&S. Just gorgeous, excellent condition.)
Stained at neckline and armpits (yellow, food or sweat?), not 'excellent condition' at all
(7. Super-cute knitted birdie dress from Next, 6-9 months. A little bobbly but otherwise in good condition.)
The worst condition, not 'good'. Worn to a really thin bobbly look, thin and see throuh in parts, I wouldn't give it to the charity shop but for rags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now