This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how long do I wait?

(6 Posts)
blueraincoat Wed 17-Apr-13 16:57:58

Won auction 07.04.13, paid within couple of hours. Seller still hasn't dispatched item, despite original listing saying it would be here Friday. Polite email Sunday just inquiring its ETA, heard nothing. So how long do I wait, what's next step?

DonnaRoll Wed 17-Apr-13 17:12:58

Hi, you can open a case after the estimated delivery date or 7 days after paying. As you have already contacted the seller, opening a case against them is your next step.

blueraincoat Wed 17-Apr-13 17:24:36

Thanks, am I being too impatient? I just have this feeling they got a lot less for it then they wanted and are dragging their heels. The put the RRP in the listing and I got it for less than a tenth of that.

DonnaRoll Wed 17-Apr-13 17:31:18

IME, if the seller isn't responding to emails the only way to proceed is to open a case. Seller will still have time to send item out to you then you can close the case, if not Ebay will refund.

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 18:49:05

you have been more than patient - is paypal rules they dispatch within 7 days, and this they haven't done.

blueraincoat Fri 19-Apr-13 20:40:41

So I get a message late Wednesday saying she has been really ill and unable to get out of bed and would I forgive her(?) Maybe she has... but considering loads of her feedback says really, really slow dispatch but good excuse I do wonder if this happens a lot. But then maybe she has a long term illness. Anyway, said she promised she would dispatch Thursday, I thanked her politely. Yet still nothing. Will wait til Monday and open a case. Thank you both for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now