This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How to change category of listing?

(15 Posts)
PurpleFrog Wed 17-Apr-13 14:45:29

I am now tempted to list something random at 99p to test this. My items were all listed last weekend and work as before.

I wonder if its giving you the eBay settings for mobile devices, or something. Try clearing your cookies for eBay.

PurpleFrog Wed 17-Apr-13 14:40:58

... OK I have thought about it and I suppose you can - if you show the item no. in the list view and then snipe the item!

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 14:40:25

This is really weird.

I've used ebay for years and have a good record etc- so I usually know how to work it all. But this week I listed something and the format has completely changed. There is NO listing of 'category' above title of item.

purple there is no text box.

There are no bids- I only listed last night.

PurpleFrog Wed 17-Apr-13 14:35:39

Can you have a bid if an item has no views?

sarahtigh Wed 17-Apr-13 14:33:37

you can't change category if a bid

PurpleFrog Wed 17-Apr-13 14:26:07

The category section is further up than the Title - are you sure you have scrolled right up to the top? It is just a link "Change category" not a text box like the Title.

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 11:09:08

Def. no change of category- top of the 'change' list is the Title Of Item- nothing else- no word 'category' there at all.

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 10:36:29

is it worth you asking Live Chat I wonder?

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 10:35:41

I'm using Firefox too.

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 10:17:04

I wonder if it depends on which version of ebay you can see with your browser, and the browser- I'm using Firefox.

I can't see any change of category- i can see change of title but nothing else.

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 09:31:30

I just tried it on one of my listings and it definitely is there.

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 09:21:10

nope- doesn't work- sorry!
there isn't a change category button- maybe there used to be but not now.

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 09:13:15

no- 6 days to go.

fergoose Wed 17-Apr-13 08:37:57

hit revise then at the top there is a 'change category' button - are there less than 12 hours to go?

missbopeep Wed 17-Apr-13 08:26:58

How? Ebay has recently changed the format and i want to change a tunic I've listed in dresses to tops as it's not had any viewings.

Cannot see how to do this in revise item- doesn't appear to be a link and have searched Help to no avail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now