The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Is this a negative comment?

(7 Posts)
doritosmonster Sat 27-Apr-13 00:04:48

I think it's incredibly cheeky that the buyer bid on your item and then expected you to wait a week so he could pay you at leisure! So rude

fergoose Fri 05-Apr-13 10:23:40

oh yes of course - I forgot that! I think that is a good idea, waiting 8 days for someone not to pay is a flipping nuisance.

80sbabe Fri 05-Apr-13 09:54:53

Ebay are changing their rules later this month to allow unpaid item cases to be opened by sellers after 2 days and closed after 4.
This will obviously contradict the current 8 day for payment allowance so I assume they will be cutting that in half too.

fergoose Thu 04-Apr-13 22:28:54

they have 8 days to pay so stipulating any less is a bit of a waste of time really.

hedgefund Thu 04-Apr-13 22:11:03

the buyer obviously took offensive and reported it! though i think they have 10 days to pay and you can't really stipulate how quickly you want payment

Negative. I thought eBay gave you a week to pay anyway, regardless of what you put as your rules?

You were informed you when they would pay and they did. Honestly can't see why you felt need to comment on it.

Tippitytoes Thu 04-Apr-13 22:02:17

I state in all of my auctions that I require payment by paypal within 48h of auction end. I recently had one winning bidder who told me they couldn't pay for a week after the auction (waiting for their next pay day).

Personally I think this is taking the pee, but there's nothing you can do about this so I waited, she paid and I sent the item.

I then left feedback saying "no problems but took a week to pay".

Ebay have now sent me an email saying this feedback contravenes policy as I have left negative comments on a positive rating.

I don't feel my comments were negative, they were an unemotional statement of events. And anyway, you can't leave a negative rating for a buyer so it would be impossible for a seller to match a negative comment to a negative rating. Ebay seem to be saying you can't say anything other than 'great buyer' without contravening policy and how can that be useful for anyone.

Is this a bit crazy of ebay or was my feedback really negative?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now