This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice needed please

(7 Posts)
steppemum Tue 02-Apr-13 09:47:26

to be honest I think you need to find out about why it was recalled before you sell it to anyone. It may be dangerous

fergoose Tue 02-Apr-13 09:06:58

gumtree or suchlike you just take cash not paypal so protection not really needed

Polgara2 Tue 02-Apr-13 08:17:37

Ok thanks. I have never sold via a classified I guess there is no protection that way either is there?

Skygirls Tue 02-Apr-13 06:06:20

It's not advisable to sell privately to someone off eBay.
1) against eBay rules
2) you are not protected if buyer does not pay.

You could always take out a classified ad through gumtree or preloved etc to sell it, if you can't through eBay.

Polgara2 Mon 01-Apr-13 23:25:30

Something to do with a recall I think, they are magnetix. I knew nothing amiss or I wouldn't have listed them. So there is nothing I can do then?

fergoose Mon 01-Apr-13 23:15:37

it is an off ebay sale so not permitted

why did ebay remove the listing - was it a banned item?

Polgara2 Mon 01-Apr-13 23:07:24

I dont really sell very much on ebay so am not very familiar with things. I had something (a toy) listed on eBay which someone was interested in. Then eBay took it off because they won't sell them (unbeknown to me) but the buyer wants to know if I will sell it privately. How would I do that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now