This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants to buy before auction end and wants invoice

(16 Posts)
BuggedByJake Sat 30-Mar-13 15:39:17

I would refund her then send the invoice via ebay. Or you could cancel the transaction on ebay but I would not advise that. As a seller there is no real risk to you, it's her that will have not have the backup if the item is not as described, gets lost in the post etc.
Hth.

fergoose Sat 30-Mar-13 15:33:50

I would refund her £4 and send her an ebay invoice for the item she has won.

Mark it as paid in Ebay yourself, and if you want to refund her the difference, click 'send refund' in the paypal transaction and then select 'partial refund'.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 15:28:46

Ps she paid before the auction ended and for higher than she bid by £1 as agreed via email before I knew the proper rules. There were no other bidders.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 15:27:21

Oh no! The auction ended, she bid £3 which is fine. I told her to ignore request for payment but she didn't and paid the equivalent of £4 for it direct to PayPal. What do I do? She has won the auction, and paid. But she's paid more than the auction and on eBay it's not showing as paid!

Shall I send her money back? I've emailed her but no response.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 14:53:07

Thanks fergoose and others.

fergoose Sat 30-Mar-13 14:48:10

tell her to ignore the invoice and just wait for the auction to end

also, don't have auctions ending during the day if you can - evenings are generally much better.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 14:38:51

Oh dear hadn't thought of that. Didn't realise it constituted off eBay sale. Can I cancel PayPal request for funds? There are no other bids for the first item so I'm sure she win that item. And she hasn't paid anything yet so I might be able to undo the damage. Thanks for the advice.

fergoose Sat 30-Mar-13 14:35:56

if you just send her a paypal invoice then that is an off ebay sale and against the rules. Plus you risk another buyer winning the auctions, so if she had paid that invoice then the other buyers had won and paid you would have 2 lots of buyers and only 1 item to send.

BuggedByJake Sat 30-Mar-13 14:34:35

If the item already had bids on it you can't add buy it now anyway. Also how have you sent the invoice if the item hasn't ended? Do you mean you have done it outside of eBay?
just wait & see who wins but I wouldn't complete out of eBay.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 14:27:06

Well she has bid on both but not at the agreed prices. So I'm just going to wait it out until the auction ends. To be fair the price agreed for the Zara coat is higher than the current bids. I did send a request via PayPal for the money (does this constitute an invoice?) so presumably she will just ignore this and as she has bid on the coat and there are no other bidders she will win that auction.

BuggedByJake Sat 30-Mar-13 14:16:34

I don't know if you can edit the listing with only an hour to go.

fergoose Sat 30-Mar-13 14:15:03

I would just tell her to bid as normal - less than 12 hours to go so you can't sell to highest bidder and end early can you.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 14:13:16

Thanks flouncy.

Add a Buy It Now price to each auction, at the amount agreed. She purchases both and you then send her a combined invoice for the two together.

Bakingnovice Sat 30-Mar-13 13:37:43

I have had a buyer contact me about two listings. Both Zara clothes. She asked what I wanted and I gave her a price which she said she wanted to pay. One item has two watchers and ends in an hour. The other has 2 watchers and was just added. I offered combined postage. Do I ask her to bid on both and accept her bid then end both auctions?

Then send her PayPal invoice? In each listing there is a separate charge for postage. How do I change that??

Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now