This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Think I've cocked up my sale - advice needed please

(5 Posts)
sarahtigh Wed 27-Mar-13 20:26:52

refund the paypal payment and re state that it is cash on collection only

do not allow them to arrange courier as then it is them not you that have tracking so you still can't prove delivery if a courier must be arranged you arrange and charge accordingly if they ask about courier just say no i can't be in to wait for courier it is cash on collection only

so refund immediately however if she then does not turn up you will not be able to file a non payment claim

lirael Wed 27-Mar-13 11:54:52

Thats a good idea - will do that if I ever sell anything again. To be honest, the hassle with this (although I know it's partly my own making) has put me off a bit!

DiscoDonkey Wed 27-Mar-13 11:51:42

I would refund the buyer and send a message asking for cash on collection.

Technically you are meant to accept PayPal. On my listings for cash on collection I also "anyone wishing to pay by PayPal must arrange and pay for trackable delivery" this usually does the trick.

GeoffVader Wed 27-Mar-13 10:36:17

Refund the payment and insist on cash on collection. I am sure ebay rules allow this for items being collected.

lirael Wed 27-Mar-13 10:34:28

Have already posted about my ongoing ebay trials, but think I've really messed up this time.

Brief history - tried to sell a large item a few weeks ago. Stated collection only but asked for payment via Paypal. Buyer eventually said she was having trouble setting up a Paypal account and I went through the relisting process. In the mean time I learnt on here that you should never ask for Paypal for collected items because of the risk of fraud. So this time I stated 'cash on collection only' in the main body of the listing. However, I couldn't find a way to disable the Paypal option, so just left it in the top part of the listing. Stupid I know.

Auction finished last night and was won by the person who came second the first time it was listed. I sent an immediate email asking how and when they wanted to collect and restating the fact it was cash on collection. This morning I have an email from ebay saying that the buyer has paid by Paypal using Instant Payment. I have sent another email, politely restating that I will only accept cash on collection and again asking how they intend to collect.

Can the buyer insist that she pays by Paypal and that I post the item?
(Don't want to say what it is as its the only one of its kind on ebay so could identify me - but it's big and very heavy!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now