Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

"like new"

(5 Posts)

just want a bit of advice really.

i brought a dvd boxset which was described "like new". it arrived last week. however, when i checked all the discs (there's 7), they all had sticky marks and finger prints all over them, and inside one of the cases it sticky too. i have tried cleaning the first disc but it still looks quite dirty. i have only played the first 10 mins, as i havent had the time to sit down properly and watch them, but that 10 mins played ok.

ive never had a problem with anything i have brought before so im not sure what i should do now.

do i,
a) leave it and risk it?
b) tell them im going to leave a neutral as item wasnt described?, or
c) contect them and see what they will do?

if i contact them, what on earth do i say? i hate making an issue of things and being a pain blush

Piffpaffpoff Mon 25-Mar-13 22:12:42

I'm a bit soft but in this situation I would leave positive feedback because the DVD is working fine, but in the comments I would say " would not describe item as being 'as new' condition, DVDs needed a good clean' or something similar.

Someone gave me feedback like that once when I had described something as excellent and they didn't think it was. I now tend not to describe the detail beyond new or used, as one person's excellent is another person's ok.

fergoose Tue 26-Mar-13 09:08:39

just tell them it isn't as described and ask them what they are going to do about it. Like new is clearly a lie, would you have paid so much if you had known the state they would have arrived in?

Depends what their response is like really - if they are rude and obnoxious I would prob neg and low stars too.

thank you both for replying grin

ill contact them tomorrow and see what they say confused

fergoose Tue 26-Mar-13 21:50:59

don't feel guilty and don't feel bad - they are in the wrong here, not you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now