The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

buyer saying item damaged

(5 Posts)
Gingefringe Sat 30-Mar-13 08:34:49

Sounds like they were trying it on. If you haven't heard from them nor had an ebay/paypal dispute then sounds as though they just wanted a partial refund.

This happened to me recently with a pair of trousers which the buyer said had been listed incorrectly because the length of the leg was different to that listed. I told her to check the label on the item and never heard from her again!

rubytutu Mon 25-Mar-13 13:51:29

thanks yes I thought they may have been after getting back some money so didn't ask for photos as thought they may actually mark it which then makes it unsellable whereas if I get it back can assess the 'mark' and probably resell. I always feel the more waffly the message the less honest it is. it was a silk skirt and sold for £25 so not easily written off. Thanks both for replies will sit and wait.

fergoose Mon 25-Mar-13 13:42:42

you may find they won't respond - may have been angling for a refund without a return.

Nothing you can do now but wait - if they open a dispute just escalate it and ask them to return.

queenebay Mon 25-Mar-13 13:16:48

Ask for photos?

rubytutu Mon 25-Mar-13 13:13:34

l sold a skirt recently was new with labels still on then buyer contacted me to say it was marked. am fairly sure it wasn't but obv cannot prove either way so suggested would give refund if returned in condition it was sent in ie with labels still on. have heard nothing and that was a week ago. Anyone had similar and should I do anything about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now