This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ending auctions early

(11 Posts)
Gorja Thu 21-Mar-13 17:01:49

Aargh why do people do this?

Twice this week I have been watching items with a 99p start and no reserve.

Both have been pulled in the last three hours or so, obviously because the sellers don't want to sell for a low price.

Why not start the auction at a price you want or put a bloody reserve on them. Stop wasting my time watching your items.

I hate time wasting sellers, one item I had even bid on so according to ebay I have won the auction but the seller is refusing to sell it to me.

And breath....

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 21-Mar-13 19:22:19

It costs to put on a reserve.

sarahtigh Sat 23-Mar-13 11:15:43

the lowest reserve you can have is £50

people should start at the lowest price they are prepared to take I assume if you list at 99p you will sell for 99p is you want £4.99 either list at 4.99 and pay the 15p listing fee or wait until free listing weekend and start at 4.99

LittleFrieda Sat 23-Mar-13 11:21:09

Why don't you bid at 99p then?

Gorja Sat 23-Mar-13 17:36:48

I did bid at 99p, but both listings were ended early and the seller refused to sell for my 99p bid!

fergoose Sat 23-Mar-13 17:48:03

so they didn't end early, the auction finished with you winning the item for 99p?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 23-Mar-13 17:59:55

You can end early even with bids fregoose...so the seller doesn't have to sell.

KelleStar Sat 23-Mar-13 18:12:40

Had lots of this, this week. eBay send me an e-mail about cancelling my bid and then the auction is ended. There isn't a way to say that I didn't want to cancel my bid in the first place, I'd put a reasonable bid in, incase it went higher, but day before they pulled the listing. Haven't relisted yet, but expect to see it come back with a higher starting bid.

fergoose Sat 23-Mar-13 18:13:55

yes I know that you can end early, Gorja is saying the seller refused to sell at their 99p bid which made me think the auction ended normally.

Gorja Sat 23-Mar-13 19:37:34

No the auction ended early despite my bid. I then get an email from ebay saying I have won the auction, and when I go to my ebay it says I am the winning bidder.

The item has been relished with same start price now but still no reserve.

fergoose Sat 23-Mar-13 19:40:32

so you can report as a non performing seller and leave feedback?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now