This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

A seller has copied and pasted my item listing to list their own item - can I do anything?

(3 Posts)
MimikosPanda Tue 05-Mar-13 15:16:24

Thanks, I managed to get through to ebay on 0208 605 3000 and they said that they copied text was against the text and image policy and he showed me how to report it. I'd been on the right page and just hadn't see the right section to report it for that reason.
Hopefully the other one will get pulled.

The annoying thing is that the small amount of damage that I have described on my item has been copied word for word, and because the copied one finishes first, it looks like mine is the one that was copied. If people think mine is the copied one they won't believe that the honest description of the item I have given is true. Its so annoying because I always make a real effort to describe things accurately and honestly so I really hate being undermined.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 05-Mar-13 15:06:03

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/image-text.html

Nothing you can do about the nearly identical photo, unless you think they have used your photo and photoshopped it?

MimikosPanda Tue 05-Mar-13 14:44:31

Someone has copied and pasted my item listing and put their own item on with my description pasted in with a nearly identical photo too.

Ebay don't seem to have a way to contact them and when I click to report it there isn't an option that fits so I don't seem to be able to report it at all.

I don't want to email the seller because will probably get abuse back.

The thing is that I put mine on for 10 days, she has come on and put hers on for 7 days, so hers now finishes before mine does so if anything, it looks like I have copied her because mine finishes later.

What can I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now