The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

curious..

(4 Posts)
juneybean Tue 05-Mar-13 19:39:53

Hmm sort of, I had two buyers from near me the other day, one even asked to pick up to save postage.

Tryharder Tue 05-Mar-13 18:00:30

Yeah, I agree. I sell A LOT to Wales and the Midlands and also to outer reaches of Scotland.

higgle Tue 05-Mar-13 13:59:14

I never check when I'm bidding but often find things I buy are from very close to home. Last year I bought a copper arts and crafts tray that was from the antiques shop 5 mins walk from where I work, and didn't twig until after the end of the auction.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 05-Mar-13 12:44:22

Have any of you sellers noticed (especially recently) that your buyers seem to be from the same parts of the country? Eg, have you found yourself thinking - how funny, 4 of my parcels are going to Edinburgh?, or hmm all my parcels are going to either Birmingham or Hull.

I personally get this a lot. My postmaster even comments on it.
I had 4 sales on Sunday - 2 to Belfast and 2 to Powys.

I've seen this issue being raised before but I've never seen ebay admit to it being down to geographical search or server issues.

Anyhoo, just a bit of curiosity here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now