The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Wrong size sent

(5 Posts)
fergoose Fri 01-Mar-13 16:10:54

Don't even mention the cost of the replacement, just tell her to send you the right item and ask her to send an sae or pay you the money to return the incorrect item. The rest is not your problem.

fergoose Fri 01-Mar-13 16:10:01

well yes I would think so - as a buyer I would not pay for the replacement. This is her mistake, and up to her to sort it out.

insanityscratching Fri 01-Mar-13 15:48:27

Do you think then she might agree to sending the second one with her paying the postage? As it stands it will cost me £4.50 to return and then her another £4.50 to send the right size one or I could pay a fiver for another onesie and she could fund the postage that she'd have to pay to send a replacement.

fergoose Fri 01-Mar-13 15:35:08

you can ask the seller to send correct size and you will return wrong one. They can send you an sae or pay the postage for the return. You cannot force them to do this even though they should so you are relying on their goodwill.

insanityscratching Fri 01-Mar-13 14:12:15

Ordered a onesie for dd, low price and almost equivalent postage. Ordered extra small but have been sent small/medium on the label which is huge on her. Needed it to embelish for dressing up for book week so it's not going to be much use the size it is tbh. So would I be reasonable to ask seller to send an extra small that I will pay for if she pays the postage? Otherwise I will have to return (pay £4.50 postage) and seller will have to pay postage again to send replacement or refund (I hope). If not, what should happen? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now