The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Help!!

(9 Posts)

Fergoose, as ever wink, is correct. What can someone do with you account number and sort code confused plus you could still pretend they hadn't paid so they aren't protected!

fergoose Sat 23-Feb-13 13:33:17

the buyer has no protection paying by bank transfer, but as a seller it is totally fine.

fergoose Sat 23-Feb-13 13:32:48

yes of course you can - is perfectly safe, no scam at all, plus it is free. All you give is your sort code and account number - which is what is on a cheque. Buyer cannot file a chargeback either - if I were you I would be biting their hands off for the payment.

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Sat 23-Feb-13 13:28:51

Yes definitely leave it to ebay.

I wouldn't give my bank details to a complete stranger thats for sure.

Broodymomma Sat 23-Feb-13 13:21:09

Thanks everyone that's what I thought. Will leave in the hands of eBay!

It sounds like a scam to me. I mean, you don't know me from Adam, but if I asked you to PM me your bank details, would you?

If she has money to send to your bank account, she has money to put through paypal. If you don't go through paypal, you won't be protected under eBay. I'd cancel the sale because of non-payment and don't give her your bank account details unless you really want your bank account emptying.

cowmop Sat 23-Feb-13 13:10:48

I've used bank transfer a lot for larger ebay sales as it avoids the paypal fees and is safe, but in these cases it has been stated as an option. She really shouldn't have bid on something she couldn't pay forin the correct way so I'd explain this to her and keep the case going and also make sure any messages you send are through ebay so it's all officially on record.

YeahBuddy Sat 23-Feb-13 13:07:31

I wouldn't, sounds a bit hmm to me. Try talking to eBay live chat service thing and see what they say, I've used this a lot and they are pretty good.

Broodymomma Sat 23-Feb-13 13:05:32

I opened a non payment case against a buyer who has since emailed me to say she can't pay through PayPal as has no money so would I send her my bank details
And she will pay it direct to me. Anyone had this before?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now