The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Eejit alert - posted out item before they paid

(6 Posts)

Yes I know I'm a complete eejit but I had about 7 auctions finish on Sunday night and most people paid straightaway. So with great gusto I packed everything up on Monday and sent it off......

Only to realise later on Monday that one of the items hadn't yet been paid for. (a coat which went for £10.50).
So I sent an invoice and have sent a reminder but still nothing has happened.
Yes I know its my fault but is there anything I can do???

whatyoulookinat Fri 22-Feb-13 14:51:38

Have you had a look at their feedback? Unless they have any comments regarding none payment I would expect them to pay soon. Alot of buyers take a few days to pay. I would message them and explain what's happened, it might hurry them along a bit.

Not really anything you can do if they don't pay regarding getting item back but you can open a case for none payment.

yes I think I'll probably wait until Sunday before I act. I have sold stuff on ebay for 10 years (on and off) and this is the first time I've managed to do that! Over-enthusiastic to clear the crap lovely items from my house!

fergoose Fri 22-Feb-13 16:27:10

open a non paying dispute now - if they don't pay in 4 days at least you can close it and they will get a strike

no point hanging around - and you can at least get your fees back

TheEndTisHere Fri 22-Feb-13 17:18:08

I once forgot I bid on an item and won. I didn't realize till it dropped on my door matt! I went straight to eBay paid and apologized. Warned the seller he said not to worry he checked our feedback and knew we we'd pay!

So don't lose all hope.

dotnet Tue 26-Feb-13 16:17:00

I think it's easily done. I sent something off without having been paid, a couple of weeks ago. But the money came through OK without me having to ask. Fingers crossed it'll be OK. All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now