The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Nothing selling - seasonal or due to new search engine?

(10 Posts)
Mandy2003 Tue 19-Feb-13 11:30:57

Is anybody else having their worst EVER month for sales? I sell secondhand clothes, a mixture of young/teen and more mature women's. My items aren't getting views or watchers either, even if no bids. It's like eBay just died sad

I'm looking at completed listings too, and it seems like much less is selling. Is it happening to you or is everything normal? I've heard that in the past month eBay have introduced a new search engine. Is this a coincidence?

alemci Tue 19-Feb-13 11:40:32

I have been finding this too. My stuff is reasonable and started at low prices with clear pictures and I hardly seem to get anyone viewing or watching. Am I doing something wrong?

Camwombat Tue 19-Feb-13 11:49:18

I tend to buy on ebay, due to apathy on getting rid to selling yet, but am finding items "appearing".
I spent ages searching for some specific items, under every heading I could, with no luck. Then suddenly items appeared with less than an hour to go, that i have not seen before.
I assumed it was me, but maybe not, I have as a result picked up some bargains!

RachelHRD Tue 19-Feb-13 13:53:01

I agree I sold one item out of 50 this weekend and only 3 items the previous free listing one. I seem to be getting a reasonable number of watchers on some items but then no-one actually buys them!!

Hope it picks up soon!!

sarahtigh Tue 19-Feb-13 17:14:45

i sold none of 12 nice items of clothes for little girls even with 99p stasrt price and low postage

however my ebay business which is collectables and ceramics is doing fine

I think now is a bad time for clothes as everyone has winter clothes so unless ruined not buying more and it is too soon for summery clothes

free listing weekends means everyone stuff is on at the same time and finishing together ok if just getting rid but if you want best price just list so it finishes at a different time ie about 2-3 days before freelisting

lljkk Netherlands Tue 19-Feb-13 17:19:08

I've had a bad month, I blame January credit card bills.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 19-Feb-13 17:41:10

I was actually going to post here to ask if anyone else had experienced similar to me. On Sunday I had a lot of items ending and they all had lots of watchers. Only 4 had a bid but because of all the watchers I thought it would be like any other week where all the bids happen in the last few minutes.
I was actually in shock, as for the first time in my many years of selling, nothing whatsoever happened on Sunday evening. No more bids were placed. Nothing.

BertieBotts Germany Tue 19-Feb-13 17:43:49

Possibly people are just skint - I am sad

Camwombat Tue 19-Feb-13 18:12:40

I'm probably one of those watchers sad this weekend it all went to pot by being ill, and forgetting to bid as a result.

PurpleFrog Tue 19-Feb-13 19:55:34

Some of it may be down to English half term. I had 6 items finishing tonight - just as well they were all re-lists put up on the last FLW, or I might have felt I had wasted both time and money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now