Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Proof of postage

(7 Posts)
RambleOn Sat 16-Feb-13 21:52:30

Can any more experienced ebayers enlighten me?

Item has sold with postage as 2nd class standard. The buyer has paid promptly and added a note asking for proof of postage. How would I do this other than paying an extra 95p for recorded/signed-for delivery?

Piffpaffpoff Sat 16-Feb-13 21:55:38

The post office will provide you with a proof of postage document if you ask them. This simply confirms that they have recieved the item for posting.

nickelbabe Sat 16-Feb-13 21:57:11

all you need is to ask for proof of postage when you post it.
eitger it'll be the receipt on which they'll write the address details or it'll be a stamped, handwritten certificate

BluelightsAndSirens Sat 16-Feb-13 21:57:21

Yes the post office writes the postcode on your proof of postage receipt and you can then give the receipt number to the buyer.

RambleOn Sat 16-Feb-13 22:03:39

Thanks. What can the buyer do with the receipt number? Are they able to check its authenticity?

CocktailQueen Sat 16-Feb-13 22:12:27

Why do they want it? If the item gets lost, you will refund buyer and contact Royal Mail to resolve it. Bizarre!

fergoose Sat 16-Feb-13 22:12:47

no - but if I were you alarm bells will be ringing and I think you should send tracked, not normal post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now