Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Paypal payment pending - advice please

(4 Posts)
Pascha Fri 15-Feb-13 09:56:53

I've never had this before. I won an item yesterday at 2.45pm, paid immediately by paypal and the transaction is still pending. Usually its automatic within seconds.Its registered as taken from my account so I can only think there is a problem with the seller. She is new with no feedback if thats relevant.

Is this common? Do I just have to be patient or should I be contacting ebay/paypal as well as the seller?

fergoose Fri 15-Feb-13 12:26:06

seller has put wrong email address on the listing

log into paypal, look at the payment, copy it and send a message to seller telling them where the money has gone

They can either add the wrong email address tot heir paypal account and accept the money, or you cancel the payment and send the money to the correct paypal email address direct via paypal.

Meglet Fri 15-Feb-13 12:29:32

Yes, they've probably changed their e-mail address somewhere on e-bay or paypal and it can't link then all up and accept your payment.

I did it once, just had to change my e-mail address back.

Pascha Fri 15-Feb-13 14:04:13

Thank you. Message sent, I await a reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now