The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

PayPal for collection

(8 Posts)
DillyDallyDayDream Tue 05-Feb-13 21:56:52

Have sold an item for £45 so not mega money - was buy it now

The buyer has paid by PayPal and is now creating a fuss because I refunded the money and told her its cash on collection. She's telling me that she can only pay by PayPal.

What should I do?

Also she's stated a day and collection time Zone of 3 hours- doesnt work for me due to work commitments

She's now refusing to agree a mutal time

What can be done?

queenebay Tue 05-Feb-13 22:00:19

You can't make her pay cash on collection but it really is the best thing for you as a seller. They can claim for none delivery. Did you write it on your description?
She should really collect at a time suitable

Aspiemum2 Tue 05-Feb-13 22:00:39

Why can she only pay by PayPal? No way I would allow that for collection, so easy for buyer to get a refund.
With regards collection time, I would say you'll have to be somewhat flexible but 3hrs seems excessive - I would offer her an hour window. Would have thought that would be ample.

Don't let her bully you and don't take PayPal for it

fergoose Tue 05-Feb-13 22:03:22

never ever take paypal for collection - you are quite right.

DillyDallyDayDream Tue 05-Feb-13 22:03:54

The description clearly stated cash on collection

I've said that I won't be around during those times but have offered a variety. Of different days and times that I can be around

DillyDallyDayDream Tue 05-Feb-13 22:04:39

I told her my reasonings for cash on collection and she said eBay doesn't work like that

fergoose Tue 05-Feb-13 23:11:56

well - you clearly stated cash only, if she doesn't like it tell her to shop elsewhere. No exceptions.

JamNan Wed 06-Feb-13 11:59:38

I spoke to eBay about this and they said that it at the seller's discretion wether to accept cash or PayPal for a collection only item. You get an instinct for these things and you sort of know when it's going to go wrong. I would aways ask for cash and make it quite clear. However, it's amazing how many people DON'T read the description.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now