The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Another postage question

(8 Posts)
JamNan Wed 06-Feb-13 12:04:22

eBay postage labels are a right faff. Don't bother with it. I use my digital kitchen scales. If I have something that is very heavy I sometimes take it to the Post Office to have it weighed and get the best posting options. You can get a leaflet at the PO with all the posting prices inc worldwide.

MrsZoidberg Wed 06-Feb-13 10:37:42

Could you have selected Parcel rather than 2nd class Packet?

If you want to print postage then use the Royal Mail website here. I use it and then drop the parcel in the post at work. It does come up with £2.20 for this parcel. Or just write the address on with marker pen and take it to the post office. Most of my purchases seem to have been sent using the latter method.

alarkthatcouldpray Tue 05-Feb-13 22:38:46

Thanks everyone. Still finding my way with it all but that makes sense. Will look forward to better profit margins!

BikeRunSki Tue 05-Feb-13 21:52:42

Second class post is £2.20 for up to 750g.

Don't bother with eBay labels. Kitchen scales fine for this kind of weighing.

piprabbit Tue 05-Feb-13 21:47:41

Don't bother with the Ebay labels. Look at the Royal Mail website for information on the size and weight of packages, so that you set a reasonable P&P price on the listing. Then just pay at the PO as usual.

frazzledbutcalm Tue 05-Feb-13 21:44:00

Just wrap up parcel. Get the buyers address from the paypal payment, write it on the parcel in the usual way. Take to post office and post!

alarkthatcouldpray Tue 05-Feb-13 21:16:06

Just starting out in my eBay, bit confused about calculating postage. One of the other threads suggested that anything under 750g could be posted for £2.20. Yet when you generate a Royal Mail label via the eBay website, the cost of postage comes up as £5.20. I posted something today at a net loss. When I dropped it off at the PO I asked the postal worker to weigh it ( had used my kitchen scales, was around 400g, eBay label £5.20); she confirmed £2.20 would have covered it.

Is it possible to bypass the label generating stage? Dies the buyer's address come up anyway? I am wondering if I can just take the parcel to the PO to get label done.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now