This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Would you open a case for this?

(4 Posts)
Broodymomma Sun 03-Feb-13 08:54:58

Bought a tub of cream that was described as brand new and unused. It arrived and was just under half empty. I messaged the seller saying so and simply got a reply saying it was out a gift set and had not been used.

There is a clear scoop out of it and I can see the bottom of the tub. Will probably cost me as much to return it if I open a case and can't prove I did not use it. Just the principle of it really its so frustrating.

Would you open a case or suck it up and neg?

fergoose Sun 03-Feb-13 09:25:47

yes, I would. If in the dispute you tick the box marked other then write in next to it refund ebay will prob give you a no fault refund and you won't have the expense of a return

And neg feedback and low stars too - what a crummy seller. They can't just wash their hands of it and tell you that you are wrong.

lljkk Sun 03-Feb-13 09:43:41

Yes I would open a case, it gives seller a chance to rectify, at least.

queenofthepirates Sun 03-Feb-13 17:57:30

Are you completely sure it's been used and wasn't knocked about in the post? It would be an odd kind of scam for a seller to pull.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now