This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collecting an item in person

(10 Posts)
lljkk Sun 03-Feb-13 09:44:30

I find everyone checks carefully when they collect. Fine by me. Much better than them being dis-satisfied later.

Blowitout Sun 03-Feb-13 08:05:45

I recently sold a pushchair and when the buyer came to collect she had me show every different configuration. Folding, unfolding, how to fit raincover, etc. I was very happy to do this. I wouldn't feel awkward about doing the same in your situation.

sarahtigh Sat 02-Feb-13 20:39:17

I would definitely expect someone to check a pushchair see how it opens and closes but not a trial 6 mile hike with it,

obviously with somethings checking is quicker if you collected 10 books would just expect a quick glance that they are right books not checking every single page

YouHaveBeenOutbid Sat 02-Feb-13 19:47:02

Cheers folks! Didn't want to be a cheeky moo but don't want to end up with a dud either!

NatashaBee Sat 02-Feb-13 19:45:23

I would - just ask the seller to show you how it folds and unfolds.

MrsDoomsPatterson Sat 02-Feb-13 19:39:27

It's your hard earned, you check it! Don't be shy.

fergoose Sat 02-Feb-13 19:39:25

well it would be difficult to collect and force a refund after you have taken it away - so you do need to check that it is as described before handing over your cash.

CunfuddledAlways Sat 02-Feb-13 19:38:10

you go round (with the money) ask for them to demonstrate it is working order check it over - if your happy pay if not say why etc and leave

tilder Sat 02-Feb-13 19:37:40

I collected our pushchair in person. She was lovely and showed me how to use it. Didn't think of it as checking until now, just relieved I knew how to fold it to get it in the boot!

YouHaveBeenOutbid Sat 02-Feb-13 19:34:54

What's the etiquette here? Would it be a bit rude to check it out and see that it opens and closes etc even though I've already won it or would I be daft not to? I was the only bidder and she's got more than 99% positive feedback over a few years. It is a pushchair btw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now