This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can someone please tell me my rights here, re: non received item?

(7 Posts)
Juanca Fri 01-Feb-13 13:44:58

I won an item on Dec 9. The listing said it would be delivered between 13-15 December.

It didn't arrive until 21 December. I had already left on 20 December for a three week holiday.

When I got back I found the red card which said that it had been returned to sender.

I contacted seller to tell him and he said he hadn't put a return address on the package and had sent it first class. I asked for a refund. He said no.

What is my next step?? Thanks.

fergoose Fri 01-Feb-13 14:48:05

you need to ask them for a refund. you only had 45 days to open a not received case - too late now.

otherwise you will have to go to your card, was it a credit card or verified by visa? if so you need to do a chargeback.

Juanca Fri 01-Feb-13 15:21:16

Thanks fergoose.

I paid via paypal balance. Can I get a return through them? The reason it's taken so long is because the seller says he's been away.

fergoose Fri 01-Feb-13 16:32:17

no - you only have 45 days to raise a not received claim. How much was it? I doubt the seller was away, prob just stalling you.

Juanca Fri 01-Feb-13 16:50:58

Yes I think he was stalling, too, but I don't have any proof so didn't say anything.

The item was only £7, so I'm just going to leave it. If he was nice and helpful I would just have left it but he was quite an arse so it got my back up!

Thanks again for your help.

fergoose Fri 01-Feb-13 17:35:54

well I think you need to tell him he needs to refund, and you can still leave appropriate feedback and stars

Juanca Fri 01-Feb-13 18:26:51

OK, I'll give it a shot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now