The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Why don't I get e-mailed about free listing weekends any more?

(9 Posts)
RambleOn Tue 29-Jan-13 14:01:40

Ebay used to e-mail a short time in advance of a free listing weekend. Is this no longer the case? I can't see anything that's changed in my communication preferences.

I keep missing them sad

And my house is like Britains Biggest Hoarder.

frazzledbutcalm Tue 29-Jan-13 20:27:40

The weekend just gone was free, they're usually every 2 weeks so mark your calendar wink
You can check the community news on the friday and it tells you then. Think they may even announce it on the thursday sometimes.

RambleOn Tue 29-Jan-13 22:33:41

Thanks frazzled

PurpleFrog Wed 30-Jan-13 09:16:19

For a while I wasn't getting these e-mails either. For the past few months they have been arriving in the early hours of the Saturday morning - after the Free Listing Weekend has actually started. As frazzledbutcalm says the best thing to do is to check the community news/General Announcements on the Thursday and Friday each week. Look at the list of all announcements, not just the 3 or 4 "latest" that are listed at the left hand side of some of your pages - I have discovered that they are not always the latest ones.

lljkk Netherlands Thu 31-Jan-13 20:05:58

I rely on the Sellers thread on here to hear about FLW.

frazzledbutcalm Fri 08-Feb-13 23:28:24

ramble ... it's free listing this weekend wink

LaTrucha Sat 09-Feb-13 06:53:03

Really? oooo

It's more likely eBay have decided your seller ratings are too low, that frigging dashboard thing.
So you are now considered below standard seller ratings and outside the terms and conditions of participating in free listing weekends.

I hate eBay! I have three accounts. It's usually about a year before they limit your account. Now my accounts seem to rotate. One I have t used for a year is suddenly active to take part in free listings and welcome back incentives.

My feedback is fabulous. You are at the mercy of people rating your postage a 4 even though you added 10p to actual Royal Mail costs.

LaTrucha Sat 09-Feb-13 08:53:19

I just got an email about free listings this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now