The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Partial Refunds

(4 Posts)
sarahtigh Tue 29-Jan-13 16:40:08

depends what partial refund is for and whether it is reasonable, nothing can stop someone opening a case but if you are being reasonable it should be ok

partial refunds are rarely a problem when it is a refund for postage as it cost less than you quoted, it is because something broke ie you sold 4 mugs and 1 was broken on arrival so a 25% refund given etc, as lljkk said most people are decent and just want what is fair on here you only hear about the stupid selfish ones wanting something for nothing or possibly less

lljkk Tue 29-Jan-13 14:06:52

All of my partial refunds went fine, no hassles later.
Remember most people aren't complete & utter bastards.

fergoose Tue 29-Jan-13 10:31:00

no there isn't anything to prevent them taking it further - nothing you write will make a difference

oneofeach2010 Tue 29-Jan-13 10:01:58

When offering a partial refund is there anything I can/should write to ensure that that is the end of the matter, and they can't "hold me to ransom" and keep asking for further part refunds?

Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now