This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

faulty coat

(11 Posts)
drmummmsy Sat 02-Feb-13 19:27:54

aww pants!

fergoose Sat 02-Feb-13 15:13:22

no not enough - that is only insured to £47 - you should have sent special delivery or courier to be covered

drmummmsy Sat 02-Feb-13 13:40:56

1st class recorded smile so hopefully straightforward

fergoose Sat 02-Feb-13 13:35:43

you sent with a signature so you can prove they have received it back?

drmummmsy Sat 02-Feb-13 13:17:20

sorry fergoose, i missed your response.

the seller has okayed a refund so it's on the way back to them!

fergoose Tue 29-Jan-13 08:49:03

yes you can - have you already raised a dispute?

drmummmsy Mon 28-Jan-13 23:30:16

ah, I see - and if they don't, can I escalate my dispute with the seller to a claim? i.e. can paypal sort it?

fergoose Mon 28-Jan-13 23:15:15

that is what I said - you have to pay for the return - but a good seller will give you the return costs too if the item is faulty

drmummmsy Mon 28-Jan-13 23:01:32

really, are you quite sure? it's just that according to the first link on this website where it refers to DSR section 3.57 'If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances.'

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1083307

i could be wrong though, it's been known to happen before grin

fergoose Mon 28-Jan-13 21:40:14

full refund of everything you paid, but they prob won't give you the return post costs back unfortunately

send with Hermes or Collect Plus maybe? Might be cheaper plus you will have signature to prove the seller received it bak

drmummmsy Mon 28-Jan-13 21:23:27

I bought a padded coat from ebay which was £65, which under my current budget is quite a lot.

When it arrived, it did not look at all like the picture (looked more puffy in the pic, flat in reality), the seams are badly stitched, the belt loops are poorly stitched and one is already unraveling, the zip is really cheap and is sticking. I wore it once on Friday to do the school run, so approx 30 mins in total. The coat won't last 6 months as it is already deteriorating.

This one! www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Womens-Padded-Puffer-Shell-Long-Full-body-Length-Winter-Jacket-Coat-Puffa-/181026762532?pt=UK_Women_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item2a26092f24 in case anyone's thinking of buying it!

I've asked for a full refund and return postage refund as it's quite bulky and will cost a pretty penny to return recorded.

I should expect a refund right? Ob once the seller's got the item back...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now