This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Argh, have paid for my item three times!

(8 Posts)

I tried to pay for an eBay item through the app three times this morning and it kept crashing on me. Just realised that it had gone through all three times after all blush
On my Paypal account, it says completed on all three transactions, does this mean that I have to rely on the goodness of the recipient to refund me twice? Is there any other way I can cancel the transactions?

This happened to me this morning, Paypal was apparently down and loads of people had issues.

You can either message the recipient and ask them to refund the two extra charges, or dispute them as unauthorised payments - if you do that, there's a little box where you can explain that your account wasn't hacked and that the payments were merely duplicated. It will nag about changing your password etc - but you can click away from that page if you don't want to.

Twas a nightmare this morning - I was paying 3 sellers, totalling £30 and it ended up charging my card nearly £100! I could have cried when I rang the bank.

Ah, phew, glad in a weird kind of way that it's not just me being stupid grin
Thank you for the advice, will go and try that now smile

Gingefringe Mon 28-Jan-13 16:36:59

Hi - just noticed an 'announcement' regarding problems which they had with Paypal payments on the Ebay site - I haven't read the contents but it will probably explain why it happened and how your problem can be resolved.
It's in the main menu bit.

Thanks Ginge smile

sarahtigh Mon 28-Jan-13 18:40:32

I had problems being paid more than once but if i just refund paypal will keep 20p transaction fee everytime so it is better if the buyers cancel payments

Oh confused

I've asked the seller to refund as it just seemed a bit 'off' to open a 'dispute' when it wasn't her fault... I didn't want her to think that I blamed her for the problem or thought she wouldn't refund blush Not that I've heard from her at all yet hmm

Phew, all sorted, she has refunded both extra payments grin

Thanks for everyone's advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now