This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What's the best postage option to use?

(4 Posts)
lljkk Mon 28-Jan-13 18:59:52

My rule of thumb is signed for or tracked if over £10 value and also for abroad (which doubles the price, grr).

Proof of P is fine for claiming back otherwise, but make sure you're insured for full value you need.

sarahtigh Mon 28-Jan-13 18:45:48

only signed for proves it arrived, but for low value items it adds considerably to the price 95p on 99p item is almost 100% more for buyer for something which is of no benefit to them

i have ebay business and signed for does not make economic sense below value of £25

I always use signed for to asia and central/south america and if i think buyer a bit dodger or they are a newbie

you need to remember people only comment about missing parcels when they happen less than 1% go missing though more are late.

unless you can post within 24hours of payment do not offer 1st class, i do not want to pay first class today then you post it on thursday it will be bad feedback even if you said dispatch time was 3 days

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Mon 28-Jan-13 06:28:21

Basically no it isn't, you would have to refund and then claim back via rm which would also involve the person it was sent to I believe.

Some people just do recorded over a certain amount.

newbiefrugalgal Sun 27-Jan-13 20:41:31

Shall I do recorded delivery or is standard still ok?
Is proof of postage enough from my end if a dispute happens?

Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now