This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do I leave negative feedback for this?

(12 Posts)
sarahtigh Mon 28-Jan-13 18:50:25

yes I reckon negative due as lied if however it had been posted on time but still took 8 days with RM that would have been outwith sellers control and neg would be harsh, if happy with jacket leave 5 stars for as described 2 for comm, 1 for speed of delivery and it would depend what she charged whether postal charges reasonable but if charged 1st signed for it is unreasonable as people pay for 1st to get it fast so between 2-4 stars and comment like

"nice jacket but posted 11 days after I paid very slow and rude seller"

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Sat 26-Jan-13 17:14:43

I left a negative for mine. I wonder if we had the same seller as mine lied to me about when they actually posted it too.

fergoose Sat 26-Jan-13 10:20:37

I don't think you have to justify your reasons for leaving a neg - if your experience with this seller was negative then you are quite within your rights to leave feedback as you see fit. It is after all your opinion of the sale. And if she does leave you feedback with a neg statement on a positive rating ebay will remove it for you.

KnightBusRider Sat 26-Jan-13 10:17:36

sorry, 3 days smile

KnightBusRider Sat 26-Jan-13 10:16:52

It said normally dispatches withing 2 days green

greenpostit Sat 26-Jan-13 10:15:31

What dispatch time was stated in the listing?

I would be factual in the feedback ie seller said posted w/b 14th Jan, postmark read 25th Jan or something like that. Tracking number not provided when requested. Yes, you can leave a negative but be clear. If the jacket is exactly what you wanted, I would leave neutral containing all the info you can fit in ie nice item but......

yuleheart Sat 26-Jan-13 10:14:02

If the jacket is fine and as expected I would either leave positive or neutral feedback with low stars for delivery and communications and comment 'jacket as described, slow delivery and poor communication'

She can't leave you negative feedback, she would have to leave positive with a negative comment or no feedback at all.

I've had the same where someone took over a week to post a top out to me, when I contacted her she said, 'it will be with you soon'.

KnightBusRider Sat 26-Jan-13 10:12:06

Thanks fergoose smile

fergoose Sat 26-Jan-13 10:11:35

make sure you leave low stars alongside that neg too I reckon.

KnightBusRider Sat 26-Jan-13 10:10:46

Yeah, it is rubbish.

I don't really mind the delay, I know sometimes life gets in the way and things can't be done on time but I don't like being sent sarky emails full of lies.

Its pretty stupid too...surely she knows the parcel would have the postage date on it?!

fergoose Sat 26-Jan-13 10:08:45

I would leave neg - nothing to feel nervous about. Taking 11 days to dispatch is pretty rubbish service, then lying about it too.

KnightBusRider Sat 26-Jan-13 10:01:52

I bought a jacket on the 14th January. When it wasn't marked as dispached a week later I contacted seller. They assured me it had been posted "last week" so sometime from 14th-20th. I asked for the tracking number, I got a very sarky reply saying it was on their desk at work so no I couldn't have it.

Parcel arrived today, the post mark clearly says it was posted yesterday.

For some reason I feel very nervous about leaving bad feedback, but I should shouldn't I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now