This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Money being returned to buyer, but item bit returned?

(4 Posts)
Footface Sun 20-Jan-13 21:22:06

I been reading a few threads in here and wondered if this was correct:

That a buyer can raise a dispute, refuse to return item but still have their money returned, leaving the buyer out of pocket and with no item

fergoose Sun 20-Jan-13 22:27:08

seller out of pocket? Well I have only heard it here, nowhere else. I know ebay give no fault refunds sometimes, seller keeps money, ebay refund buyer and buyer doesn't need to return item.

I haven't read anywhere that the rules have changed - has anyone else?

Footface Sun 20-Jan-13 22:48:28

I've only read in here aswell but it does make eBay a very different place if that's the case

queenofthepirates Wed 23-Jan-13 18:53:19

Yes, it happened to me last week. The buyer raised a case saying the item was not as described. I emailed the buyer asking for a return and would then give a full refund. Two weeks later and several emails from me to the buyer, asking them to return the item (no response from them) I asked Ebay to adjudicate. They returned my money to the buyer and the item was not returned to me. I am out of pocket and there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do.

The item was a new pair of scissors for dressmaking from my craft shop so hard to understand how a pair of new scissors could be not as described but hey hoo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now