This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is there anyone who will eBay my stuff for me?

(7 Posts)
Lukethe3 Sat 19-Jan-13 13:01:53

I have lots of stuff to sell but no patience time to put in all on the site. Are there people that will do this for me. How do I find them and do they charge a percentage of selling price?

exexpat Sat 19-Jan-13 13:07:40

I think there are quite a lot of companies that do this, eg this one - if you search for eBay + consignment you'll find lots. I have never used one, though (for selling - think I've bought via a few), so can't give any recommendations. I presume you need to read small print carefully to check how they price, much commission they take, what happens if the item doesn't sell etc.

Lukethe3 Sat 19-Jan-13 13:14:51

I was thinking of maybe someone more locally, less official, maybe a stay at home parent looking for a bit of extra cash?

lljkk Sat 19-Jan-13 16:36:12

You could put an ad up in News Agent and ask around.
Some pawn shops effectively run a service like you want, get on phone to your nearest ones.

lljkk Sat 19-Jan-13 16:37:39

ps: I have done what you wanted for friends, we split 50-50. thing is, they really didn't understand enough about making sure things were clean, complete, in working order and with a clearly stated history (I have same problem when DH asks me to flog something!). But lots of stuff will sell for decent prices for spares, even.

MumVsKids Sun 20-Jan-13 20:24:33

Depending on your location, I would happily eBay your stuff for you, as long as you let me write the descriptions etc!! I'm also happy to go for a 60/40 split in your favour on the profits.

I have pm'd you!

smile

jbentz123 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:17:06

If you are looking to save your money by promoting your stuff on eBay. Just go through the eBay Daily Deals. Hope It would help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now