The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Refund only if Royal Mail reimburse Seller?

(11 Posts)
AlbertoFrog Thu 17-Jan-13 18:15:52

Please help.

Bought item for Christmas from a business seller. Wrong item sent which I returned recorded delivery in the hope I'd get the correct item in time for Christmas. I still haven't received item I paid for and due to poor contact from seller have opened a dispute.

Seller now says I have to wait 28 days from when they sent the item for them to start an investigation with Royal Mail. If, and only if, they get compensated by Royal Mail I'll get a refund (but only cost of item - this doesn't include my P&P). I am almost £60 out of pocket and am miserable. What can I do?

fergoose Thu 17-Jan-13 18:35:29

no that is utter rubbish

did you open a not as described dispute? If so give them the tracking showing you returned the wrong item and they will refund you in full.

AlbertoFrog Thu 17-Jan-13 18:53:11

Thanks fergoose - I didn't think that could be correct.

I wish I had opened a not as described dispute right at the start but I wanted the item and gave them a chance to correct their mistake. I know for a fact they received the first item back and they say they've sent out the thing I wanted in the first place but I don't have it.

3 days ago I opened an item not received dispute which has promted them to actually reply to my mails but as I say, this it the reply I received.

I take it I now just wait the 8 days and escalate?

AlbertoFrog Thu 17-Jan-13 18:54:03

prompted even

fergoose Thu 17-Jan-13 19:21:17

you should have done a not as described dispute - did you return it tracked. Did they send the wrong item out to you with a signature, because if they did they just need to give ebay the tracking info to prove you received it and you won't get a refund

If this is the case you must change the dispute from a not received to a not as described dispute.

AlbertoFrog Thu 17-Jan-13 21:26:05

OMG fergoose I didn't even think of that. Yes I returned the item tracked and it definitely has been received but they sent item recorded in the first instance so could give those details (although dates won't tally)

How do I change the dispute? Do I have to open a fresh case?

fergoose Thu 17-Jan-13 22:05:58

no you log into the dispute and change the reason for the dispute

AlbertoFrog Thu 17-Jan-13 22:26:45

When I log into the dispute I only seem to get options to add a message or close the case. Think this is because there are emails going back and forth between me and the seller. Does this sound right?

Sorry fergoose - I'm sure I used to have a brain but since having DS I've turned into a complete numpty.

fergoose Fri 18-Jan-13 07:51:16

ok you need to speak to live help tell them it needs to be changed

AlbertoFrog Fri 18-Jan-13 22:19:28

Will do fergoose. Thanks for your advice.

AlbertoFrog Wed 30-Jan-13 22:28:57

Just thought I'd pop on and update. Got my refund through today. Many thanks to you Fergoose for your good advice. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now