The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Should I accept this?

(3 Posts)
ToysRLuv Thu 17-Jan-13 14:13:34

Thanks for your response!

Yes, this is a case I opened with e-bay yesterday after the seller failed to respond to my message about the broken item. And the aforementioned (partial refund) was the official response of the seller sent to me today via e-bay case handling.

I thought it was outrageous as well, so will refuse to pay ANYTHING. Just wanted to check before sending reply.. Never had to open a case before.

PeachActiviaMinge Thu 17-Jan-13 13:20:14

No you shouldn't if it goes through ebay then they will refund you all the costs. I don't see why you should pay out for postage on a broken item it'll at least hopefully make the seller think twice about their packaging and who's to say the player wasn't broken prior to postage.

ToysRLuv Thu 17-Jan-13 13:05:40

This is following the case I opened with the sender of the poorly packaged, broken CD player..

Her response is to offer a partial refund. The cost of the CD player (20 pounds), but not the postage(5 pounds), as "this is a cost that we incurred". Should I accept this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now