The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

feedback extortion.

(421 Posts)
sixlostmonkeys Wed 16-Jan-13 19:44:10

I reported a buyer for feedback extortion.

I've received this back from ebay CS

>>>>"I gathered from your email that the buyer has threatened to leave negative feedback on your account if you will not send them money.

We've looked into the situation again and can see that this isn't a case of feedback extortion"<<<<<

The policy on feedback extortion is - " Buyers are not allowed to threaten sellers with negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low Detailed Seller Ratings in order to obtain goods or services not included in the original listing."

So, could anyone help me understand this? Does it mean that if the buyer was demanding hamsters or penguins then it would be feedback extortion, but demanding money is fine, and therefor NOT extortion?

halestone Wed 22-May-13 01:37:05

Good luck OP i hope common sense prevails thanks

sixlostmonkeys Wed 29-May-13 09:32:30

I have now received the letter from court giving me a date at the beginning of July. Lady Fruitloop will have to pay another £25 for the hearing, but considering she's come this far I think we can safely say she will pay it.

I think I mentioned earlier that I had a feeling they would be in my neck of the woods over the bank holiday weekend.
Apologies for being cryptic but I'll try and explain without this being googleable.
There are events run by a certain company that Fruitloop &Smith trade at. One such event took place at the weekend.
I wandered around this place (100s of stalls) and came across just the one that fit the description: items they were selling, ages of them both and her dress size. As I hid behind a shelf of Royal Doulton figurines glanced across I saw (whom I presume to be) Mr Smith flip open a police notebook and proceed to write in it. Bearing in mind this man tells anyone and everyone that he is a retired police officer at every opportunity it stands to reason that he would be using a police issue notebook.

I fully accept that this may be all coincidence and these two people may be an innocent couple, but I filmed them anyway should DWP and tax office be interested dear lord, if it is them then I am about to face the worst 90 minutes of my life!

Now he was how I expected a 71 yr old retired PO to look but Lady Fruitloop?...well, based on her choice of (many) cardigans I expected a degree of elegance and poise I guess. Wrong.
Now I don't wish to appear bitchy grin but if I just say 'Widow Twankey'... I don't know if it was a massive boil or a mole on her top lip. When I say 'mole' I mean the entire cast of Wind in the Willows.
Now, appearances are by the by really. I'm no oil painting myself (unless you consider Picasso) but... I do have a problem with the way she sat. Could her legs have been any wider apart?! So un-ladylike tsk. She did nothing but shovel food into her mouth, only pausing every so often to re-apply the bright red lipstick.
The big issue though was her B0 and the gallon of perfume she used to disguise it.

Hopefully I've just bitched about two entirely different people to those I am expected to share a room with for 90 minutes.
But, if it is them....?
Top of my list of people to avoid are BNP and stinky people. No disrespect y'honour, but 90 minutes of listening to him and gagging because of her for the sake of <£15 that I don't owe? Really?

IKnowWhat Wed 29-May-13 10:11:08

SixLostMonkeys. You should write a book about this. You are really funny.
It is such a crazy situation.

It makes hilarious reading but a confined space with those two sounds horrifying!

Here's hoping she manages her annual bath and best cardigan for the show down grin

philipina Wed 29-May-13 12:29:40

Goodness, Op. I wondered how you were getting on. Do you have to go to court personally, I feel dreadful thinking of you having to go through that, or could you send a representative on your behalf?

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 30-May-13 11:38:12

Beginning of July? I can't wait that long for the outcome!

All fingers crossed for you OP.

JumpingJackSprat Thu 30-May-13 12:44:46

Ive just read all this totally open mouthed in disbelief - is this woman totally mad!? Definitely think that IF these two at the event are fruitloop and smith that the DWP etc need to know about them!

BlueberryHill Sat 01-Jun-13 20:23:26

Did Mr Fruitloop lick his pencil before he wrote in the notebook.

Just typing that feels wrong.

Good luck

MissRee Thu 06-Jun-13 14:22:51

"lick his pencil"

grin

I still can't believe this! I hope the judge throws a the book at them!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 13-Jun-13 15:38:19

Ive just came back from holiday and had to find this thread again for an update!

I cant believe this is still ongoing.

Iwantmybed Sun 23-Jun-13 19:28:03

Six, wishing you luck for your meeting in court.

FrequentFlyerRandomDent Thu 27-Jun-13 14:45:17

Good luck. Fingers crossed that common sense prevails.

JakeBullet Thu 27-Jun-13 14:56:36

Bloody hell, what an utter weirdo this woman is. Just read all through this read with utter astonishment!

JakeBullet Thu 27-Jun-13 15:02:49

<wishes Judge Judy worked in the UK and could be there for case>

whysorude Thu 27-Jun-13 15:51:04

Just read the thread for the first time.

Wow. Seriously wow. All this for £15.

TotallyBursar Thu 27-Jun-13 18:04:18

shock

God I can just picture them both - grim, petty, nasty little weasels both. I bet he bloody well does vote BNP - a retired copper to boot angry just what our police need...oh wait, I forgot the BNP aren't racist.

Six you have handled this with admirable poise and wit. The stress you must feel and the irritation of dedicating time & brain power to this ridiculous situation just makes my blood boil for you.
Hold on to your film, hold your nerve, get this finished and make them pay DWP and all of the excellent suggestions upthread - see if that and court costs teach them a little lesson on who not to mess with.

Also, your son sounds so utterly lovely!

lljkk Thu 27-Jun-13 20:26:57

I thought 6Lost had a more recent update than this...?

PurplePidjin Thu 27-Jun-13 23:04:35

Good luck, six wine

SigningGirl Fri 28-Jun-13 00:22:21

I've just read all of this! Good luck!! (For being in the room with them, mainly!) Practise keeping a straight face/hiding your WTAF face! grin

sixlostmonkeys Fri 28-Jun-13 09:41:32

Thanks all for the support smile

I'm in court next Wednesday at 11.30. Good MN vibes sent my way (Leeds) much appreciated. smile

I took my papers to court and asked if it was still going ahead. Oh yes, she has paid the £25.

I have to say I have been quite shocked by the way the court is run. I'm not familiar with courts but I did expect it to be formal and efficient. Whenever I have phoned them the call gets answered by a mumbler who sounds like he really can't be bothered. Most questions are answered by a disinterested "yeah...." stopping just short of a "whateverrrr". When I went to court and asked the uniformed man at the door where the small claims dept was he did a little dance as he looked skyward and sang the opening times to me. After being directed to window 1 I explained my reason for being there to a chap who appeared to be in absolute shock that someone was talking to him, he then swiftly changed his expression to the one granny has just before she nods off and eventually drawled "yeah....you want window 4" Please let the judge be sane and animated smile

Since my last update I have discovered that Mr Smith also goes by the name of Mr Jones. I assume changes were made when hotmail did that change to Outlook. At the side of his emails to me I can click straight through to his facebook page (in the name of Jones) There I can see his has written his work/life history. Retired Police Officer eh? Well he announces this fact at any given opportunity (his letters to the Telegraph for example when commenting on current affairs etc) This man is 71 years old and was a police officer from 1961 - 1967. Oh, and his friend list? Well, that list consists of young girls who post photos of themselves....well, parts of themselves anyway.... and they don't wear much clothing either.
He also contributes to tripadvisor where he likes to mention the fact that he is currently writing a romantic novel.

It feels kind of.....surreal that these people are taking to me to court. I'm waiting for some weirdly dressed Telly person to jump out and announce "Fooled Ya!" More than anything though, I'm annoyed at the time this has taken up.

If any of you can make it please take notes for me! I feel a book coming on grin

Ponders Fri 28-Jun-13 11:58:57

he was in the police from age 21-25 & he calls himself a retired police officer? WTF has he been doing for the last 46 years?

best of luck, six thanks

HormonalHousewife Fri 28-Jun-13 12:04:48

You will be great, just remain calm and deal with the facts.

Common sense will prevail flowers

wish I was near to offer support, but will be thinking of you.

JakeBullet Fri 28-Jun-13 16:12:34

He sounds an utter delight!

Oh I wish I could be there to witness this.

JakeBullet Fri 28-Jun-13 16:16:36

Have you got to go to their nearest court or yours?

Place marking. Blatenetly. Need the outcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now