This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

feedback extortion.

(421 Posts)
sixlostmonkeys Wed 16-Jan-13 19:44:10

I reported a buyer for feedback extortion.

I've received this back from ebay CS

>>>>"I gathered from your email that the buyer has threatened to leave negative feedback on your account if you will not send them money.

We've looked into the situation again and can see that this isn't a case of feedback extortion"<<<<<

The policy on feedback extortion is - " Buyers are not allowed to threaten sellers with negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low Detailed Seller Ratings in order to obtain goods or services not included in the original listing."

So, could anyone help me understand this? Does it mean that if the buyer was demanding hamsters or penguins then it would be feedback extortion, but demanding money is fine, and therefor NOT extortion?

sixlostmonkeys Wed 08-May-13 15:33:08

I've just had to phone the court because the claim had been with them for a month and I thought I really should have heard something.
It seems there was a delay because she applied to have the case transferred to her local court. This request was denied.
The files were then placed on the wrong pile; so it's a good job I phoned or they would have sat there for ever!
The judge should now read the case tomorrow and his/her decision on track should be known sometime next week. Fingers crossed he/she decides to throw the case out smile

I don't think I will be able to share her ebay name online: there is a law against it and knowing my luck she will take me to court again grin
If you sell antiques (especially silver) and size 18 cardigans, then you had best give me a shout.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Wed 08-May-13 20:43:54

Fingers crossed, although I can't imagine you will lose, she sounds like a loon!

aladdinsane Wed 08-May-13 20:58:27

What a nut
This would tip some people over the edge, I am so glad you seem to be coping
have you sold anything on eBay since. Is there anyway eBay could be dragged into court- they should be for not stopping this loon

lljkk Thu 09-May-13 19:07:13

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 10-May-13 17:40:32

Wow. Just wow.

She's hoping to get costs accorded isn't she? I hope this works out for you.

MeAndMySpoon Sun 12-May-13 09:38:01

Shamelessly marking my place! grin OP, you have the patience and calm of a saint. I hope I never have to deal with someone like this on ebay.

Blimey, this is still going, I would've have hoped that this would have been laughed out of the Judical System by now.

In fact, sixlostmo, That's exactly what I do sell.

wink

<<cough, cough>>

IrritatingInfinity Mon 13-May-13 23:53:19

Any update ?

YoniWidge Mon 13-May-13 23:57:58

Just found this and am hooked. Update?

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 14-May-13 14:21:08

Just found this thread! Read all 5 pages and I am astounded that someone has the cheek and craziness to raise a legal case over £15!

Seriously the court should throw this out and throw her in jail for wasting everyones time.

Laughed at the rogue apostrophe. grin

FreckledLeopard Tue 14-May-13 14:29:24

This is truly bizarre. Are you doing all the legal work yourself? Out of interest, why don't you apply for the case to be struck out under CPR 3.4, given that the claim is totally devoid of merit and stands no reasonable chance of success?

sixlostmonkeys Tue 14-May-13 14:52:51

Well, I became impatient and couldn't wait for the letter to arrive, so I just phoned the court.

The judge has allocated the case to the small claims track and given it a 1 1/2 hour slot.

I now have to prepare my case and forward all the documents/evidence that I intend using in court.
I will then have to spend one and a half hours of my life in the same room as this woman............

fuzzpig Tue 14-May-13 15:03:05

Oh good lord I had totally forgotten about this crazy situation! Can't believe it's still going on. Entertaining as it is I am really glad you are handling this so well, I would totally crumble if it happened to me or DH.

Are you really going to meet her or is she still sending a solicitor on her behalf, you know because you are soooo crazy and dangerous and might stab her in the eye with a kipper?

I don't eBay much anymore and I'm glad I don't sell silver or antiques. And all my cardigans are far too tatty to sell. smile

DameFanny Tue 14-May-13 15:04:29

Yep, count me in for the hooked and amazed corner

delilahbelle Tue 14-May-13 15:18:24

Omg, what a mad woman. I must admit I used to sell on eBay, but now I much prefer the local Facebook selling groups. Much quicker, less stress, no fees and cash in hand.

sixlostmonkeys Tue 14-May-13 15:43:14

As far as I understand it all, she will have to attend court herself.
I don't recall all the details (although I shall now have to refresh my knowledge on it all) but it's only exceptional circumstances where a person can be represented, and, she made her application as the person who would be attending.

From the start she told me how it would be. She told me it would be held at her local court for example. I explained to her that it would in fact be held at the 'defendant's' local court, but she obviously didn't believe me, hence, her recent application for it to be held at her choice of court.
She also told me, well, John Smith (whom I don't believe actually exists) that John Smith was looking forward to representing Ms Fruitloop in court. I very much doubt Mr Smith will be able to do so whether he exists or not. Actually, it would be highly entertaining to be up against a non existing person for one and half hours.....Twilight Zone on a Tuesday afternoon; popcorn included grin

I have a sneaky feeling that Ms Fruitloop may be coming to my place of work in a couple of weeks. She of course will have no idea it's where I shall be. I 'will' have my camera ready to capture her in the process of selling her wares and may possibly forward these photos to the DWP who, I'm sure will be interested considering she claims to be a poor pensioner living solely on her meager pension. I may also share them with the nice people at the tax office...... Grass? Me? oh yes! grin
I guess once I've taken enough photos I can then have her arrested for stalking me.

lljkk Tue 14-May-13 15:47:48

so you reckon she's dealing items, not just collecting? But where does she sell? Or do you think she has a separate ebay account for selling?

sixlostmonkeys Tue 14-May-13 15:54:28

Her website is still online and it says where she sells.

She isn't doing it officially (I doubt it anyway). There is also the full list of businesses online that she has run into the ground over the years. At 77 years old she probably thinks she doesn't have to bother with all that registering and tax paying malarky.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 14-May-13 15:59:53

I can't believe a judge gave it court time, I thought they threw out spurious cases like this.

I really hope you win.

BlueberryHill Tue 14-May-13 16:00:07

How do you know she will be coming to your place of work? Does she know that you know?

This is turning into an Ealing comedy / ebay farce? Sorry OP, you are handling it amazingly well, I hope that the judge sees through all her shit. Hopefully she won't turn up and you can get judgement in default.

daisydoodoo Tue 14-May-13 17:02:37

wow im almost speechless I cant believe shes gone through with it all.

Good luck at court.

WTAF???

she's as mad as a box of frogs.

i wonder how many cases she's got going. i reckon she's a lonesome billionaire and all she does with her time is take offence.

poor you. sympathies. this must be so stressful. and over what a normal person just wouldn't give 5 mins thought to.

'There is also the full list of businesses online that she has run into the ground over the years.'

what?

she goes around bullying people then?

all i can say is bloody well done for standing up to her.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 14-May-13 17:27:09

Claude, I think it means she's started/bought companies and they've gone bust so she's started another and repeated the cycle.

fergoose Tue 14-May-13 18:04:07

once this is over you can turn it into a novel then a Hollywood film and you shall be able to retire on the proceeds. I would buy the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now