This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

feedback extortion.

(421 Posts)
sixlostmonkeys Wed 16-Jan-13 19:44:10

I reported a buyer for feedback extortion.

I've received this back from ebay CS

>>>>"I gathered from your email that the buyer has threatened to leave negative feedback on your account if you will not send them money.

We've looked into the situation again and can see that this isn't a case of feedback extortion"<<<<<

The policy on feedback extortion is - " Buyers are not allowed to threaten sellers with negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low Detailed Seller Ratings in order to obtain goods or services not included in the original listing."

So, could anyone help me understand this? Does it mean that if the buyer was demanding hamsters or penguins then it would be feedback extortion, but demanding money is fine, and therefor NOT extortion?

Borntobeamum Fri 28-Jun-13 16:30:00

I'm lost for words!
I recently sold a size 18 cardigan and looking frantically through my eBay account to see if I've received feedback yet.
Shit, not yet!

Stropzilla Fri 28-Jun-13 16:49:38

Just come across this and wow! Good luck for your Court date and that has put me off using eBay for life.

I saw this when you first posted it, OP - but somehow I missed your updates over the months (apologies for my inattentiveness) - and I am in shock at how far she has taken this - and in awe at how calm you have stayed, and how you have managed to retain your sense of humour!

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday - I would be there in a heartbeat to support you, if I didn't a) live near Glasgow and b) have a hospital appointment that afternoon. Frankly, if it weren't for the appoint,net, I would have offered to leap on the train for a day trip to Leeds!

mignonette Fri 28-Jun-13 17:10:04

Good luck! As someone who recently represented herself at an appeal tribunal against the local council (and won) and who attends them on behalf of clients, may I reiterate the advice to only answer the question; offer no supplementary information, talk objectively- not what you think, just what happened and prepare for adversarial questioning which can be a bit of a shock when directed at you.

And good luck. AA Gill calls these people 'green ink people' as many of them allegedly use this..

Yes tell the police they do step in to stop harasnent like this from nutcases. It happened to a friend of mine - though not ebay-related.

I don't expect you will ever receive real cout papers that was just a threat. Let us know if you do. What is the basis of her wanting money from you as you have already give the refund?

TotallyBursar Fri 28-Jun-13 17:34:26

MrsTP - there is a lot of development in the thread you seem to have missed?
Six is indeed having a court appearance this Wednesday. They have taken it that far.

I've been watching / lurking on this thread for ages, stunned with amazement at every update. Here's wishing you a HUGE success next week. Show the court that this women is a deranged loon. smile

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 29-Jun-13 11:55:41

Good luck six, how much I wish I could be there!

Shakey1500 Sat 29-Jun-13 17:19:28

Ye Gads!

You are amazing and I'd give my back teeth (if I had any) to be there with/for you. All the lucky vibes in the world for you wine

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Sat 29-Jun-13 17:24:39

Positive thoughts coming your way

LineRunner Sat 29-Jun-13 17:24:51

six, hand holding here.

TheFallenNinja Sat 29-Jun-13 17:27:25

My god is this still going. Good luck next week.

FancyPuffin Sat 29-Jun-13 17:28:01

This fell off my threads I'm on hmm

Masses of positive vibes for you six not that you should need them.

Hertschick Sat 29-Jun-13 17:36:41

Good luck six! Stay calm in there and hopefully all sorted soon - what a waste of time and concern for you. I'm sure the Judge will see through it all.

Rosa Sat 29-Jun-13 17:46:25

I am in shock reading this thread FGS has the world gone mad??? Wishing you a postitve outcome and that the judge gives Mrs Fruitloop a telling off for wasting time.....

Whojamaflip Sat 29-Jun-13 17:51:03

I'm shock its gone this far - had assumed the whole situation had crawled away and died a quiet death.

good luck six next week thanks

SisterMonicaJoan Sat 29-Jun-13 17:54:52

Eww, he sounds worst with each post.

Can't believe they are going ahead with this!

Good luck for next week!

ButchCassidy Sun 30-Jun-13 12:32:21

Good Luck!!!!

ragged Mon 01-Jul-13 07:58:36

. counting down the hours until an update.

JumpingJackSprat Mon 01-Jul-13 08:03:54

Good luck you'll be fine! Hopefully the judge will see right through them and throw it out with a costs order against them!

GibberTheMonkey Mon 01-Jul-13 08:52:18

Just read the whole thread
Something makes me think its all him and he uses her as a front. Probably believing in his sexist way that people will be softer with an old woman

Good luck

WhatHo Mon 01-Jul-13 13:11:47

My opinion is that this is how they get their kicks. He's been retired for 46 years. How else does he amuse himself? Does anyone else think that Six should try and find out why this chap was only in the force for 6 years? Bet there's a nasty little story there...

Joking aside I SO feel for you. What an absolute, petty, waste of your time and brain-space.

LineRunner Mon 01-Jul-13 13:58:08

Are you going to ask the judge for a costs order, six? One which includes an amount for all your wasted time...

Oh my word......another one here who has read the whole thread. OP, I can't believe how calm you are, I think I would have lost the plot by now! This is definitely a book for you to write, you are so funny and articulate smile

Good luck on Wednesday!

IncogKNEEto Mon 01-Jul-13 14:30:50

I read the start of the thread, but didn't comment, as I couldn't think what to say, I thought that it would all just die down and go away as they seemed so obviously crazy shock

I still can't believe this is ongoing shock well done for staying so calm and reasonable. Retired police officer indeed! Hardly a long career was it? And possibly not that illustrious either as it was cut short after so few years!

Good luck for Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now