This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long to wait for seller response re: faulty goods?

(5 Posts)
ToysRLuv Tue 15-Jan-13 01:40:39

Looked for answer online, but could not really find one, so how long should I wait, before presumably taking this to e-bay dispute?

Seller sent cd-player that doesn't work. Have sent message to her straight away, but haven't heard anything yet..

fergoose Tue 15-Jan-13 08:44:56

2 days normally then if no response open a dispute

when did you message her?

ToysRLuv Tue 15-Jan-13 12:40:35

Thanks fergoose! I messaged her yesterday afternoon. Will wait until tomorrow evening, then?

So annoying! Why anyone should think that a cd-player lightly wrapped in newspaper and a bin bag should survive the post is beyond my comprehension.. the parcels literally get thrown around! angry

fergoose Tue 15-Jan-13 13:19:09

that is ridiculous of them. How much was it? When you open the case in ebay, if you tick the box marked 'other' then type in next to it 'refund' you should get an ebay no fault refund of all of your money without the cost of returning the item. Then you can leave appropriate feedback and stars.

ToysRLuv Tue 15-Jan-13 16:21:21

It was 20 pounds for a kids' cd-player, which would have been over 50 pounds new. Thought it was a good price at the time. Well.. it would have been. hmm Also the radio aerial was snapped right off and not in the packaging, so would have been broken already when sent (and not mentioned in description).. Rubbish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now