This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice on local collection item please!

(4 Posts)
diamanteasbigastheritz Mon 14-Jan-13 10:10:45

Have just sold an item and the winning bidder has contacted me to ask if she can collect in person as she's local.

No problem with this in principle, and I've asked her to hold off paying via Paypal, as I'd prefer cash for a collection item.

Have amended the ebay invoice to knock off the postage costs, but do I need to do anything to my paypal account, so that it's not expecting a payment iyswim?

lljkk Mon 14-Jan-13 10:15:20

You don't need to do anything else. After payment you can mark the item as payment received if that helps you keep track of your own accounts.

One23 Mon 14-Jan-13 13:07:26

I don't usually even bother amending the invoice for collection in person items (lazy) Just mark as paid and of course remember not to charge them the postage when they come to collect.

Be careful though, lots of people will try and haggle with you when coming to collect. Just remember to tell them that they bid to buy not to barter grin

diamanteasbigastheritz Mon 14-Jan-13 17:34:03

Thank you!

And One23, I am forewarned!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now