The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Seller apps - what do you use?

(8 Posts)
BlissfullyIgnorant Sat 12-Jan-13 22:39:08

After spending of an hour working out the TurboLister we discovered it is crap - they 'fixed it' so you can't change the layout of the page (it puts the picture at the BOTTOM). I usually use my iPhone/iPad but have a lot of stuff to shift so wanted a quick listing app. Has anyone used GarageSale (DH raving about it but not used it confused)?

PurpleFrog Sun 13-Jan-13 08:38:26

I don't use anything - but remember that you won't get free listing this weekend if you use turbolister etc..

lljkk Sun 13-Jan-13 19:00:37

Mobile listing is pretty quick anyway, OP.

Toppy Sun 13-Jan-13 21:46:13

Can you not use turbo lister on free listing weekends?????

fergoose Sun 13-Jan-13 21:53:07

no you won't get the listings free if you use Turbo Lister.

BlissfullyIgnorant Tue 15-Jan-13 10:33:38

Right...
I bought the low end Garage Sale app and, although it did tell me I would be charged 10p per listing, it also said that it did not reflect any discount service currently offered by eBay. To be honest, I'm not that bothered as it allowed me to upload a slightly more arty listing for each item and I managed to complete 36 listings in one day.
The benefit of this seller app is that I can now go through everything else and pre-prepare the listings for upload when I want to do it - I have a maximum of 100 listings per month as I don't usually do much and haven't been on there very long. I can also dip in and out, edit and correct as I go through everything eg. I had a load of DVDs to list and it meant I could change when I remembered another attribute or that I needed to add something else to the description.
For ease of use and nicer presentation, I like it more than the iPhone/iPad app. Just thought I'd share.

fergoose Tue 15-Jan-13 10:38:47

you can schedule in ebay too for free - as long as you edit to list the items before the scheduled time it costs nothing.

lljkk Tue 15-Jan-13 11:25:32

10p per listing, is that in addition to the Ebay listing fees? Must be??
If you list 100 items per month that's £10 extra out of your pocket (per month).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now