The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Actually Gumtree but posting, how to get paid?

(8 Posts)
fergoose Sat 12-Jan-13 21:57:45

quite right - beware scam paypal emails saying they have paid when they actually haven't.

SushiPaws Sat 12-Jan-13 21:46:51

Hmmm, messages so far have been no hello's or byes, just can you courier, then the place.

Am thinking I'll just do local collection.

Thanks for all advice.

fergoose Sat 12-Jan-13 19:50:52

cash - never ever paypal for collected item

500internalerror Sat 12-Jan-13 19:47:44

I would definitely only do cash on collection for fine thing of that value....

lljkk Sat 12-Jan-13 19:45:25

You have to go with gut feeling, OP, if the transaction feels legit & you can trust buyer. I've had no trouble with Paypal chargebacks for the type of transaction you're contemplating. Most I've sold for on that basis was £90 value with courier cost.

LegoAcupuncture Sat 12-Jan-13 19:41:40

Personally I wouldn't accept paypal as they could turn around and say item not received.

I'd only sell locally on gumtree, so cash in hand and pick up.

lljkk Sat 12-Jan-13 19:38:54

Paypal might be better, if you accept fees there is an element of protection on both sides (I think?). As seller you'll be fine if paid by bank transfer but you will be giving your details to a near stranger which some folk would prefer not to.

SushiPaws Sat 12-Jan-13 19:17:08

Selling my bugaboo on Gumtree, someone has asked if I'll send by courier.

If I did, how would I guarantee payment? Bank transfer or PayPal?

Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now