This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay limiting postal costs

(3 Posts)
muriel76 Sat 12-Jan-13 19:07:28

I have been selling a load of old x box and play station games on eBay.
I have tried to list some today and make the postage £7.00 but eBay won't let me list it for more than £3.00. Can anyone tell me why please?
I am selling them in bundles and the last lot was 7.00 postage and it was no problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is today.
Thanks.

lljkk Sat 12-Jan-13 19:51:04

To stop folk from charging unreasonable postage (no use to honest sellers).

Okay, you want workarounds:

1) Change category; most people search by title not category anyway.

2) There's usually an option for "other postage" which is a courier thing for heavy lots in many categories, I may check this for you out of curiousity. Anyway, you get to put a reasonable postage in after all. Which category are you trying to list in?

3) Add the extra postage into the start price; this is stupid, it means you pay FVF on the postage AND paypal fees! but at least it's quick & easy to do.

4) Check if a different carrier can deliver it for less, too, Collect plus is obvious alternative.

It's free listing this weekend, so bump up the sale price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now