This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how long would you give something ordered over new year to turn up

(12 Posts)
sarahtigh Sat 12-Jan-13 15:16:17

royal mail will not accept a claim for missing mail earlier than 15 days for domestic and 20/25 for international,

royal mails target for second class mail is 92% within 3 working days latest figures show it just exceeded this by about 0.2%

parcels are a bit slower upto 5 working days

i got my last mailing bags from seller "attic-gme" has about 200,000 stars and 100% feedback

Morph2 Sat 12-Jan-13 14:40:57

they are now moaning because i have opened a case and say it says in their listing that royal mail can take 15 days to deliver. If i wait that long to open a case then its another 8 days for the case it would be over month!!

Anyway i'm getting desperate for the mailing bags and doesn't look like they are going to send a replacement anytime soon. anyone know any decent sellers to order mailing bags off?

Morph2 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:06:03

well heard nothing back so have opened a case, otherwise if i leave it until after week its gonna be another two weeks.

Morph2 Thu 10-Jan-13 16:11:17

i've sent a message asking how long they want me to leave it. Will raise a not received case if i don't get a sensible answer then buy from someone else.

Morph2 Thu 10-Jan-13 16:02:16

it won't be a parcel though, just a packet of envelopes which will go thorugh door like a letter. Our 'local' sorting office is a 10 miles round trip so not keen on going down on the off chance.

exexpat Thu 10-Jan-13 13:37:38

I had two things ordered before Christmas (around the 20th) which still hadn't shown up by Monday this week. I contacted the seller of one, and they said before taking it further to try the post office sorting office, so I did, and sure enough, both parcels were there, even though I hadn't had a note through the door. Worth a try?

fergoose Thu 10-Jan-13 13:34:14

i don't think royal mail are still catching up - sounds a bit of a poor excuse I reckon.

Morph2 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:05:47

ok they have replied and said it was processed on the 2nd and sent out on the 3rd so it should be with me shortly as Royal Mail are still catching up on post from Christmas. Its not come today either, will wait till tomororw and then send another message but that means that they are unlikely to send out a replacement until monday and i won't get until end of next week. I would really do with them as i only have one left and have some auctions running of my own

Morph2 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:17:04

have sent an email tonight, will see what they say.

sarahtigh Wed 09-Jan-13 13:48:27

unless they are from scotland where the 2nd is public holiday too 2nd was thursday so now 4 working days 92% of second class mail arrives in 3 days so i would send an email enquiring

fergoose Tue 08-Jan-13 22:19:20

I would have thought they would have arrived by now - i would contact the seller if I were you.

Morph2 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:15:55

I ordered some mailing bags from a business seller i have used once before on 30 Dec. its said despatched within one day and they despatched on the 2nd which is fair enough as 1st was a bank holiday and not everyone worked the 31st.

They've not arrived yet, should i send them a message or give it abit longer. I received a calender in this mornings post from Australia that was posted on the 2nd so thinking something posted in the UK shouldn't take longer that that (or maybe it does this time of year)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now