The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Can I return jacket if description said washable and it isn't?

(4 Posts)
EndoplasmicReticulum Tue 08-Jan-13 18:10:08

Just that really - I bought a secondhand jacket. Nothing expensive. But the description and item specifics said it was washable.

It arrived today, label clearly says "Dry Clean Only". Now I don't want to dry clean it, as it will cost more to do that than I paid for the jacket. I suppose I could wash it anyway, but then I might ruin it.

Can I return it on the basis that it was not as described? I have contacted seller to ask this question but just wondered if I was Being Unreasonable.

queenebay Tue 08-Jan-13 18:13:36

No it's not as described.

EndoplasmicReticulum Tue 08-Jan-13 19:00:38

Thanks for your reply - well this will be the shortest thread ever because the seller has already replied and refunded me! I shall return the jacket.

Done!

queenebay Tue 08-Jan-13 22:29:26

Oh that's good xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now